If you own an iPad or iPhone, the book can be viewed by syncing (copying) the following file onto your device (s):
Objective Diamond Clarity Grading 2017.epub
It is important to note that this digital publication is not an ‘app’. Therefore the ePUB file must be copied from your downloads folder into a new folder you will need to create in either ‘Documents’ (Mac) or ‘My Documents' (Windows) and then synced (copied) onto your device using either iTunes or iBooks.
This format uses a pixel specific page size that controls the layout of the objects on the pages. It provides a variety of features including search by word or page number, thumbnail images, hyperlinked table of contents and zoom.
Syncing your Device
Instructions for iPads and iPhones (ePUB) using iTunes
Here are the instructions on how to sync the ePUB file format of your digital publication to your iPad or iPhone.
1. Copy the ePUB file format from the download.
2. Make sure you know, and can navigate to, the location of the copied file on your hard drive. The 'Documents' or 'My Documents' folder on your hard drive is a reasonable place for the files, though you may wish to organize your hard drive some other way.
3. Open iTunes on your computer and make the menu selection: File > Add to Library… This will open a navigation dialog box.
4. Navigate to the copied ePUB file described in Step 1 and click the 'Open' button at the lower right of the navigation dialog box.
5. iTunes should now have the book in its library. In the iTunes window the 'Library' heading on the left should now contain a category called 'Books'. When the 'Books' category is highlighted in that left-hand column the digital publication icon should appear to the right in the main part of the iTunes window. Make sure to select the 'Books' button along the top of the main iTunes window. iTunes is now ready to sync or copy the book onto your iPad.
6. However, next you must make sure your iPad is prepared to handle books when synced with iTunes on your computer. To open and read books on your iPad you must first download the free iBooks app onto your iPad. This is done by opening the 'App Store' app on your iPad, searching for, downloading, and installing the iBooks app. Even though it is a free app you will be asked for your iTunes account password in order to download it.
7. Now you are ready to sync your iPad with your computer which will copy the contents of your computer's iTunes library onto your iPad including the newly added digital publication. If this is the first time you have synchronized your iPad with your computer you should be aware that Apple's default sync setting is to automatically carry out the entire sync as soon as the iPad is plugged into the computer. All contents of your computer's iTunes library will be copied onto your iPad automatically, including all music, movies, TV shows and apps.
8. With the iPad connected to the computer the iTunes window now lists your iPad's name under the 'Devices' section in the left-hand column of the iTunes window. 'Devices' is a category below the 'Library' category referenced a few paragraphs above.
9. Highlight your device (your iPad) and the iTunes window offers all controls and information about your iPad. Along the top of the iTunes window you will see buttons (which really act like tabs) that control the display of the contents and options for your iPad. Explore these areas and make adjustments as you see fit. In the 'Summary' section if you scroll to the bottom you will see the available options to control the sync process. Here you can change the automatic sync-at-plug-in option mentioned earlier. Click the 'Books' button, make sure the right digital publication checkbox is checked and click the 'Sync' button at the lower right. This will perform a complete sync including any other setting changes you may have made.
10. Eject your iPad using the 'Eject' icon at the right of your iPad's listing in the 'Devices' column, physically unplug the iPad and launch the new iBooks app on your iPad. The digital publication will appear on the bookshelf display that is the interface for the iBooks app.
Instructions for iPads and iPhones (ePUB) using iBooks
To upload the digital publication onto your iPad or iPhone using iBooks, please follow these instructions.
1. Before you can start, you will need to install iBooks on both your computer and your iPad. This is available through the Apple App Store.
2. Next launch iBooks on your computer and select File>Add to Library, then navigate to your documents folder where you have stored the new digital publication files and locate the one that has the .ePub suffix. Highlight that file and click the Add button at the lower right of the dialog box.
3. Now you can launch iTunes, plug in your iPad, and make sure the sidebar is showing in iTunes. If you are unsure, look at the left side of the iTunes window to see if you have headings such as LIBRARY, STORE, DEVICES, etc.
4. If you don’t see this sidebar go to the ‘View’ menu and select ‘Show Sidebar’. In the sidebar you will see your iPad if it is plugged in. Select your iPad and the top of the main iTunes window will show several tab headings including Summary, Info, Apps, etc. Near the right side of those tabs is the Books tab. Click on it and the books window will appear and your digital publication should be visible. Click its check box and then sync your iPad. The digital publication will now be in your iBooks shelf on your iPad.
Do you want to install the book on other devices?
To access the other download instructional pages, simply click here
If you encounter any problems downloading the files or installing them, you can refer to either of the following links:
To maximize your enjoyment of our publications, we have included a few viewing tips. Please click here
Please refer to our 'Frequently Asked Questions' by clicking here